ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change endpoint after deployment?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:00:51 GMT
As for the registry I was referring to the BPEL process actually
invoking a getEndpointForService SOAP call on an external registry
(i.e. UDDI).  That call would return an endpoint reference which could
then be set on a partnerlink.  That would be the more dynamic approach
that may apply in some cases

When the endpoint URLs are specified in deploy.xml, they are processed
at deployment and put into the DB.  So you're saying that if I were to
change the endpoint URL on a process definition in the database it
would be used for future instances of that process.   I was thinking
that the deploy.xml might need to be changed as well, for restarts,
but it doesn't sound like that's the case.  It would just need to be
changed in deploy.xml for future deployments.

And you're saying that this change to the endpoint URL in the DB could
be done via the Mgt API, with/after some modifications.   Gotcha

Thanks, Rich

p.s. I just replied to your other emails, had missed them.