ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Using SOAP Headers in BPEL
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:08:06 GMT
On 11/21/07, Thilina Gunarathne <csethil@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also need to make sure that the resulting BPEL is standard and
> portable.  My question is whether the second mechanism is a standard
> way and whether it is supported by other BPEL engines..

SOAP header mapping is completely standard, and perhaps equally important,
it can be different on the client and the server without impact to
interoperability.  This means you might get a WSDL that doesn't define any
headers, or defines headers but doesn't map them into message parts, and you
can add/change the mappings without changing the transport-level messages.
I don't know if it's supported by other engines but I've seen a good number
of WSDLs in the wild that use this approach.

cheers,
alex