ode-user mailing list archives

From "Tammo van Lessen" <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between ode ActivityEnabledEvent and ActivityExecStartEvent
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:54:44 GMT
Hi,

2007/10/19, Nowakowski, Mateusz <Mateusz.Nowakowski@sabre-holdings.com>:
> What is the difference between ActivityEnabledEvent and
> ActivityExecStartEvent ? In javadoc for first one I written: "Event sent
> when the parent activity or process enables this activity." And for the
> second one: "Event sent when the <em>body</em> of the activity starts
> executing."
>
> What is performed between these events ?
The ActivityEnabledEvent is raised when the parent structured activity
has been invoked and has created this certain activity. It is so to
say ready for execution.

The ActivityExecStart event is only raised when the join condition of
the activity is successfully evaluated to true. That means that the
actual execution of this activity starts.

> I presume that ActivityExecStartEvent is lauched by activity itself in
> the beginning of activity. But is it possible situation that
> ActivityEnabledEvent is launched, but ActivityExecStartEvent isn't ?
Yes, this might be the case if an activity's join condition was
evaluated to false or the activity has been disabled due to dead path
elimination. This situation basically means: The navigator has been
aware of this activity but has decided to not execute it due to some
unsatisfied preconditions.

HTH,
  Tammo

--