ode-user mailing list archives

From "Stelianos G. Sfakianakis" <sgs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE when deploying BPEL
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:08:14 GMT
> Hi Stelios,
>
> Looks like you have a partnerLink named "SRV_0" in your process that is not
> bound in deploy.xml.   You can comment it if you don't use it.

That is true, I thought that in deploy.xml I need to "bind" only the
partner link that is related to the BPEL process itself and not all
the others partners that the process contacts. Rereading the
documentation I found that:

"Every partner link used with a <receive> activity must be matched
with a <provide> element, and every partnerLink used in an <invoke>
activity must be matched with an <invoke> element in deploy.xml "

Doh! Now it makes sense! Thank you very much!

>   I need to
> review the code to decide if we can avoid the error or we should provide
> better error reporting.

Some better error reporting would be good, because a Null Pointer
exception is not quite informative.

Thank you again!
Cheers
Stelios