ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inline variable initialization?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:27:45 GMT
Good to know, thanks.   As for inline variable initialization, even if Ode
does support it, it's not clear to me whether or not it is possible to do
what I was trying?  I'm not sure how the engine would know which part of a
message to insert the data into.  Maybe it assumes the first part which
would be safe in a WS-I Basic Profile situation I suppose.

As for working on this feature, I have some other Ode issues that are higher
priority at the moment.  This may change however.  I will be writing up
issues for them as soon as I get a chance.

One feature that might be nice in Ode would be auto variable initialization
at runtime.   This is a controversial feature I realize, but might be very
useful and solve a lot of headaches for newcomers to BPEL.   It would
basically be an extension or flag on the engine that would automatically
create the target XML in an assign (when it didn't exist), based on the
schema.   At least one or two other products do this, as an example see [1]

Thanks, Rich

[1]
http://www.activebpel.org/infocenter/ActiveBPEL/v40/index.jsp?topic=/com.activee.bpel.doc/html/UG18-7-2.html