ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ode sample - Calling secure web service as partner link?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:35:00 GMT
Have been on vacation or else I would have replied earlier.

How is the Web Service secured that you would like to call?

I have been looking for the same thing and there have been a few discussions
about it on the list recently.   You might be able to find a more detailed
answer in those discussions.   Here is one such discussion
http://www.nabble.com/WS-Security-tf4530282.html

But the short answer is (my understanding at least) that currently there is
only experimental support for calling a Web Service that is secured via HTTP
Basic Authentication.   There is not yet support for WS-Security and the
related specs.

If you're looking to get credentials into the header of an outgoing soap
message, one thing to look at is WS-Addressing.  Once there is full support
for WS-Addressing is ODE, that will be an additional option for getting
things into the header, via Reference Parameters.

One common theme that came up as a work around was to write an unsecure
proxy service that then could properly authenticate against the secured web
service.

Cheers,
Rich