ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Inline variable initialization?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:24:40 GMT
I'm trying to take advantage of "inline" variable initalization from the
BPEL 2.0 spec, but I must be missing something.

My variable is a WSDL Message Type, with a single part, called
"parameters".  When I use a good old "assign" activity to set a fixed value
on the variable things work fine.  I'm able to specify which _part_ of the
message to set the literal value on, as below:

<bpws:variable messageType="ns1:GetAccountDetail"
name="CICSService_GetAccountDetail_Input">
<bpws:copy>
    <bpws:from>
        <bpws:literal>
            <GetAccountDetail>
                <GetAccountDetailFilters>
                    <AcctNum/>
                </GetAccountDetailFilters>
            </GetAccountDetail>
        </bpws:literal>
    </bpws:from>
    <bpws:to part="parameters"
variable="CICSService_GetAccountDetail_Input"/>
</bpws:copy>

However when I try to use inline initialization and assign a fixed value to
the variable upon creation, things don't work at runtime.   I get a
selectionFailure when trying to write data into the variable's structure.

Here is the inline version that does not work when I later try to write data
to the variable.

<bpws:variable messageType="ns1:GetAccountDetail"
name="CICSService_GetAccountDetail_Input">
    <bpws:from>
       <bpws:literal>
           <GetAccountDetail>
               <GetAccountDetailFilters>
                   <AcctNum/>
               </GetAccountDetailFilters>
            </GetAccountDetail>
        </bpws:literal>
     </bpws:from>
</bpws:variable>

What am I missing here?  When using as assign for variable initialization I
can specify a message part, while using inline, there is no such option.  Is
that the problem?  If so what is the correct approach?  Or if someone could
point me to an example of inline variable initialization.

Thanks!!!!  Rich Taylor

Reference:

WSDL
<message name="GetAccountDetail">
    <part element="tns:GetAccountDetail" name="parameters"/>
</message>

Schema
<xs:element name="GetAccountDetail" type="tns:GetAccountDetailType"/>
<xs:complexType name="GetAccountDetailType">
    <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element name="GetAccountDetailFilters"
type="tns:GetAccountDetailFiltersType"/>
    </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>