ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: help to convert the bpel workflow designed in activeBpel to ODE
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:26:28 GMT
On 9/18/07, Sunita Kumari Patro <sunitap@bcgi.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am very new to ODE. I am familiar with Active Endpoint's activeBpel.
> In my project we are planning to use ODE bpel workflows.
>
> Can you please guide how I can convert my workflow which is prepared and
> running with activeBpel engine, can run with ODE engine running on
> servicemix.

Hi Sunita,

I was hoping for somebody else with more experience with a similar
conversion to step up as even if I'm very familiar with ODE I don't know
ActiveBPEL that good. Anyway normally your BPEL processes and WSDLs should
be portable, there might be a couple of glitches but hopefully nothing
serious. Then you'll just have to write a small deployment descriptor for
your processes as described in [1].

For the JBI side it's pretty much like everybody else so you can just follow
the JBI parts of our user guide. Although if you already have things working
with standard web services I'd suggest going for a two step process: have
your processes working with ODE in a WS environment and then port the whole
thing to JBI.

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-DeploymentDescriptor