ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Performance and comparisons
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:31:17 GMT
Hi,

To add on Paul's reply, Alex had done some performance measurements some
time ago. See:

http://www.nabble.com/Ode-Performance%3A-Round-I-tf3880525.html#a10997631

We would probably fare better now as several of the improvements Alex
mentions have been implemented. Which doesn't mean there's not more to do,
there's actually still quite a bit of possible optimizations. An important
thing to note on that side is that ODE support both persistent and in memory
processes living at the same time within the same engine. So you can where
you want to be fast and where you want to be reliable.

Other than that, I believe the pi-calculus architecture is better. From a
user standpoint you don't directly care much, but it has important
implications on scalability and maintenance that you benefit from.

Finally and most crucial: all committers are nice guys :-)

Cheers,
Matthieu