ode-user mailing list archives

From Lavanya Ramakrishnan <laram...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Management APIs
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:37:40 GMT
I am looking at bpel support and the management APIs in Apache ODE and had
a few questions regarding the same.

1. Is the forEach construct fully supported in ODE? The text below that on
the website seems to be missing.

http://ode.apache.org/ws-bpel-20-specification-compliance.html

2. The InstanceManagement interface seems to have a suspend and resume
operations. Is it possible to do a partial suspend and resume e.g. on a
particular branch? For example if there were two activities A and B
executing in parallel, I would like to suspend A and not B.

3. According to the Java documentation linked from the website the
management APIs seem to return
org.apache.ode.bpel.pmapi.ScopeInfoDocument,
org.apache.ode.bpel.pmapi.InstanceInfoDocument, etc. But when I look under
the package  org.apache.ode.bpel.pmapi I can't seem to find any of these
classes. Am I missing something?

http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-site/javadoc/

4. Is there any support available or planned for allowing modifying to
workflow instance during execution? For example, change an activity that
has not been executed so far.

5. Also between the failurehandlers in bpel and the recovery extensions in
Apache ODE, is it possible to register an external service to be invoked
for remediation?

thanks
Lavanya