ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Management APIs
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:57:44 GMT
On 9/14/07, Lavanya Ramakrishnan <laramakr@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> The BPEL workflows I am working with right now are Grid scientific
> workflows that have a huge amount of variability in the underlying
> resources. What I am looking at (actually for my Phd thesis) is building
> planning and dynamic adaptation capabilities atop a BPEL workflow engine
> which can manipulate workflow (pre-execution and real-time) to bypass some
> of these failures. In the event of the failure, I would like an external
> service to be invoked. This service might make any corrections necessary
> before invoking possibly a recoverActivity. I am looking at available BPEL
> engines to see how much management support is available that might meet a
> majority of my requirements.

A good starting point would be to look at INVOKE [1] and see how we built
the current activity recovery mechanism, esp. the ramifications down the
runtime, persistence and management aspects.  I think it would easily be
extensible to suit your purpose.  And it sounds like what you're after is
general enough that it could be contributed back if you're interested!

alex

[1] ./bpel-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/bpel/runtime/INVOKE.java