ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Problems with ODE 1.1 Release
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:18:56 GMT
On 9/12/07, Jens Goldhammer <Goldhammer.Jens@gmx.net> wrote:

> I want to ask the other way round. Is this behaviour bpel2-compliant?

Yes.    BPEL 2.0 spec says (section 8.4.2) the engine must initialize
variables in a certain way:

<start_quote>

Using <copy> to initialize variables

When the destination selected by the to-spec in a <copy> operation is
un-initialized, which is either an entire WS-BPEL variable or a message
part, that destination MUST first be initialized before executing the
replacement rules defined above, as if the following has been applied:
• For complex type and simple type variables or message parts, initialize to
a skeleton structure composed of a DII and an anonymous Document Element
EII.
• For element based variables or message parts, initialize to a skeleton
structure composed of a DII and an Document Element EII with the name
matching the element name used in variable declaration.

</end_quote>

Is there an other way for being compliant and make semantically the same?

Based on the above, I think not.  (But I might be missing something)

alex