ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Passing in Login and Password
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:36:40 GMT
Greg, Robin,

I've just added experimental support for HTTP authentication in the
1.1branch and added a new
section<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ODExSITE/User+Guide#UserGuide-HTTPAuthentication%2528Axis2%2529>in
the user guide to document it:   If you're comfortable enough to build
Ode, could you give it a try?

I've taken the simple approach of passing a extra message part to carry the
authentication credentials.   Using partnerLinks or some other form of
extension would be cleaner but would have required additional
infrastructure.   I'd be curious if other developers have feedback on which
approach we should adopt for security in general.  My sense is that we need
way to abstract security protocol concerns out of the BPEL whenever
possible.

thanks,
alex