ode-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance and comparisons
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:00:25 GMT
Hi, Thilina --

Well, albeit that I'm certainly biased, here are a few things that
folks won't argue with:

- ODE is the only BPEL engine with a business-friendly,
extender-friendly license.  There are other engines, who shall remain
nameless, that are available under a GPL or LGPL license.

- ODE has a diverse and open community that is neither controlled nor
dominated by any commercial entity.

- ODE provides a good level of flexibility for integration into other
middleware (AXIS2, ServiceMix, TBD).

- Since the olden days, ODE (since before it was ODE) has won customer
"bake-off" competitions against other BPEL engines.  Typically, ODE
was at least even on speed (pretty constant constraint of throughput)
and better on ergonomics and compliance.

-- Paul

--
paulrbrown@gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/