ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: xpath query has no effect during copy
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:15:34 GMT
Hi,

So yes, the assignment is a bit weird. First the insert attribute is not
part of BPEL. We've discussed of maybe implementing something along these
lines but we're still pondering other solutions so it may very well never be
implemented.

For the assignment itself, first your query element is outside of the <to>
(should be inside). Also if what you want is a literal assignment then you
should enclose your <from> in a <literal> element. So you would get
something like:

<assign>
  <copy>
    <from><literal>'hardcode xml
    <to variable="input" part="msg">
      <query>//*[node()='level1']</query>
    </to>
  </copy>
</assign>

Note that this will still replace the content of the <level1> element. If
you want to iteratively fill up the element you'll have to use the
doXslTransform function with an XSL sheet. Could you also give us more
detail about your use case? Are you trying to add a set of elements from a
list into another set of elements? Or are your element coming one by one
from a service call for example?

Thanks,
Matthieu