ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Axis2 local transport
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:32:38 GMT
Actually for processes you don't need to do anything now. If from process A
you try to invoke process B and ODE finds that process B is deployed locally
it will invoke it directly, without hitting any communication layer. So
process to process communication has almost no latency cost.

For service invocation, I would think it's probably only tweaking the
axis2.xml bundled with ODE and your endpoints. The local transport sender is
already configured, so adding a local transport receiver and using proper
endpoint addresses (starting with local:// I believe) should work. I haven't
tried it myself but it looks like everything is there. You might want to ask
the Axis2 people as well to make sure there's not another gotcha but ODE is
just like any other local web service here.

Cheers,
Matthieu