ode-user mailing list archives

From Dan <leutnant....@gmail.com>
Subject a tale of two receives
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:13:39 GMT
Hi,
I'm having difficulty orchestrating a sequence of receives with ode-jbi.
While the first message is always received correctly, the second message
gets delivered by jetty to ode, but ode never seems to act on it.
Eventually jetty reports exchange not found.

If I comment out the first receive the second will work fine.
Similarly, if instead of a sequence I put the receives into separate
branches of a flow, each message will be successfully processed.  The
explicit (rendez-vous) correlation will fail, however.  i.e. Upon receipt of
MessageA, a correlation exception in ReceiveB will be thrown, and vice
versa.

The propertyalias is defined with a fairly simple xpath expression:
<bpel:query>//ns1:MyCorrelationId</bpel:query>
If I put garbage into the xpath expression I get a meaningful error that
nothing was returned by the expression, so I'm reasonably certain the
correlation id is being found.

I think I've tried all possible combinations of createInstance and initiate
values too.  I believe the correct composition should be as follows though:
<recevie  name="receiveA" ...
   createInstance="yes">
   <correlations>
      <correlation set="my-correlation" initiate="yes"/>
   </correlations>
 </receive>
<recevie  name="receiveB" ...
   createInstance="no">
   <correlations>
      <correlation set="my-correlation" initiate="no"/>
   </correlations>
 </receive>

Does anyone have a working sequence of two receives?  Or have any thoughts
where I might be getting hung up?  Special deployment settings for within
ServiceMix?

Thanks,
Dan