ode-user mailing list archives

From ShaoGuang Geng <shaoguangg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 local transport
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 05:57:35 GMT
Hi, I noticed WSIF was a very old project and nearly not updated for 4 more years.

Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com> wrote: On 8/15/07, fLozano  wrote:

> Imagine I want to receive "Hello World" in different languages and I do
> this
> through a web service  on my machine. This would normally imply that I
> invoke it as a regular web service which has soap wrappings and etc... Is
> there a way to invoke that service without having to use soap???
>
> I know WSIF enables you to call local java classes and such. Can it work
> for
> this?

Yes, it's possible although it's not something that I've worked on
personally (WSIF).

Another way would be to deploy your code in the same Axis2 instance and then
use org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient or one of their multiple service
interfaces to implement in-VM services.    Or use JBI.

alex