ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 local transport
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:21:36 GMT
On 8/15/07, fLozano <fjlozanoacosta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok so Ode can call a local process without using axis2. Does this mean
> that
> the invocation for the local process is not a web service invocation in
> the
> sense of it being wrapped like a soap message?

Correct.

In other words, is the invocation for the local process wrapped like a
> regular web service invocation?

If it isn't, then this invocation doesn't require any soap unwrapping or xml
> parsing right?

Correct.  The in-memory XML document is passed directly from one process to
another without any transformation.  In the case of using a "local" Axis2
transport, the only transformation would be converting from a W3C DOM to an
Axiom DOM and back (via SAX or StAX).   Using Axiom internally in Ode is
something that we have discussed but have not decided to do yet.

alex