ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Binding defines non-element document literal part(s)
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:37:18 GMT
On 8/9/07, Anup Chandran <anup.chandran@3ds.com> wrote:

> The error is :
>
> Aug 9, 2007 10:01:33 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
> INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
> Aug 9, 2007 10:01:33 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 24284 ms
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet
> threw exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException  at
>
> org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.extractFaultInformationFromMessageContext
> (AxisEngine.java:353)

Hi Anup,

Your request looks fine now and I suspect your process is now executing but
somehow triggers a fault.   This exception is an issue in Axis2 1.1 when
generating a fault with SOAP 1.1.  I would recommend trying out Ode
1.1RC1to see what you get with Axis2
1.3, or using the patched axis2-kernel-intalio-1.1.1b (discussed previously
on thist list).

Shouldn't the first element in the request be the method/operation name?
> followed by elements in the message?

Not if using a Document-Literal binding.   The operation name only appears
in the message when using RPC binding.

BTW, a good tool for generating SOAP messages and inspecting/validating
WSDLs is http://www.soapui.org/

alex