ode-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 local transport
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:51:41 GMT
On 8/13/07, Kristoffer Sjögren <stoffe@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is how I interpret it, and that's what i want to do. Or more
> exact, i want to invoke services from ode, services which are in the
> same JVM, and if possible, the same classloader so that a
> call-by-reference is possible.

I haven't looked at the plumbing since the IL refactor, but it used to
be possible to directly connect a BPEL process to another BPEL process
within the Ode container and without hitting the wire.  This is still
a "hop" in the sense that it involves persistence (to the extent that
the process does) and serialization of state, but it doesn't involve
serializing and deserializing, e.g., to SOAP.

If you truly want in-band invocation and don't have long-running
operations, why not consider XPath extension functions?  I'll let
other Ode'ers steer you away if I'm not thinking clearly, but that's
one way to get what you're after.

-- Paul