ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible memory leak in ODE
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:05:56 GMT
Thanks for the details, see my answers in line:

On 7/22/07, Vishal Bhasin <vbhasin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Matthieu,
>
> Thanks for your response..here are the details you requested:
> - In memory
> - JBI, using ODE with ServiceMix
> - Using ODE 1.0, not the latest from main trunk

I'd try to build the trunk then. Let me know how it goes, if you have
problems with it I'll publish some snapshots somewhere.

- how do we tell if it is sending the requests in async mode?

That's the default so if you didn't configure anything specific, you'll be
in async. To switch to sync you'll need to set the following Java system
property:

-Dorg.apache.ode.jbi.sendSynch=true

- do you know if there is an impact to performance by switching to sync
> mode?

The only danger is to exhaust the thread pool. This could happen if the
services you send messages to are rather slow, all your threads could be
waiting for those services replies which would degrade throughput. In most
common cases this shouldn't happen and if it happens you'll know it because
you won't be able to saturate your CPU anymore (you'll get lower CPU usage).

Matthieu

Thanks,