ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Variable initialization question...
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:15:06 GMT
Possibly silly question about variable initialization.  When you want to
populate a variable with data do you first need to initialize the variable
with an empty/skeleton xml structure?  An example of what I mean is below.

If I don't assign a skeleton xml structure to the "output" variable using an
additional "copy"/" from literal" activity, I get the following from Ode
upon execution:
Error:
ERROR [ASSIGN]: Assignment Fault: {
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure,lineNo=19
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: {
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}selectionFailure No
results for expression: {OXPath10Expression /tns:result}

The error makes sense since it's trying to execute an XPath against a
document that doesn't exist.  However I was thinking the BPEL engine would
automatically create the blank xml output document for me.   Seems like this
isn't the case.

Sorry, I realize this isn't Ode specific.   On an additional note, can
anyone suggest a good online forum for questions regarding the WSBPEL 2.0spec?

BPEL:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<bpws:process exitOnStandardFault="yes" name="echo"
    suppressJoinFailure="yes"
    targetNamespace="urn:xmlns:test:composite-services"
    xmlns:bpws="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable"
xmlns:tns="urn:xmlns:test:composite-services">
    <bpws:import importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
        location="echo.wsdl" namespace="urn:xmlns:test:composite-services"/>
    <bpws:partnerLinks>
        <bpws:partnerLink myRole="echoProvider" name="client"
partnerLinkType="tns:echo"/>
    </bpws:partnerLinks>
    <bpws:variables>
        <bpws:variable messageType="tns:echoRequestMessage" name="input"/>
        <bpws:variable messageType="tns:echoResponseMessage" name="output"/>
    </bpws:variables>
    <bpws:sequence name="main">
        <bpws:receive createInstance="yes" name="receiveInput"
            operation="process" partnerLink="client" portType="tns:echo"
variable="input"/>
        <bpws:assign name="Assign" validate="no">
            <bpws:copy>
                <bpws:from><![CDATA["asdf"]]></bpws:from>
                <bpws:to part="payload" variable="output">
                    <bpws:query ><![CDATA[/tns:result]]></bpws:query>
                </bpws:to>
            </bpws:copy>
        </bpws:assign>
        <bpws:reply name="replyOutput" operation="process"
            partnerLink="client" portType="tns:echo" variable="output"/>
    </bpws:sequence>
</bpws:process>

Section from WSDL:
  <types>
        <schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
elementFormDefault="qualified"
                targetNamespace="urn:xmlns:test:composite-services"
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

            <element name="echoRequest">
                <complexType>
                    <sequence>
                        <element name="input" type="string"/>
                    </sequence>
                </complexType>
            </element>

            <element name="echoResponse">
                <complexType>
                    <sequence>
                        <element name="result" type="string"/>
                    </sequence>
                </complexType>
            </element>
        </schema>
    </types>

  <message name="echoRequestMessage">
        <part name="payload" element="tns:echoRequest"/>
    </message>
    <message name="echoResponseMessage">
        <part name="payload" element="tns:echoResponse"/>
    </message>