ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject WS-Addressing MessageID Header?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:30:05 GMT
I'm trying to invoke an external service that fully supports WS-Addressing
but it is complaining that I'm missing the "MessageID" header.  I verified
that the soap request going off to the service does have the wsa:To and
wsa:Action headers in place, but _not_ the wsa:MessageID.    Has anyone else
had issues with this?   I'm using the trunk as of a few days ago.

I had a look at org.apache.ode.axis2.ExternalService and I don't see any
calls to Options.setMessageId() while setting up the Axis2 soap client.
This implies to me that Ode doesn't support that header, hence WS-Addressing
completely, but I might be missing something.

Here is the header of the message being sent from Ode to the  external
service:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Header>
         <addr:To xmlns:addr="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
http://server1:8889/vhi-ws/model/CICSAcctsDemo</addr:To>
         <addr:Action xmlns:addr="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
"></addr:Action>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>

Here is the response from the server:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:vhi-fault="urn:xmlns:foo:vhi-ws:vhi-fault"
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:wsa="
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing" xmlns:wsrf-bf="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/bf-2" xmlns:wsrf-r="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/r-2"
xmlns:vhi-resource="urn:xmlns:foo:vhi-ws:vhi-resource">
      <soapenv:Header>

<wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:e2a82fc9-2a7d-4100-ade7-0911ee502aa5</wsa:MessageID>
         <wsa:To></wsa:To>
         <wsa:RelatesTo></wsa:RelatesTo>

<wsa:Action>urn:xmlns:foo:vhi-ws:CICSAcctsDemo/CICSAcctsDemoPortType/GetAccountHistoryResponse</wsa:Action>
         <wsa:FaultDetail>
            <wsa:ProblemHeaderQName>wsa:MessageID</wsa:ProblemHeaderQName>
         </wsa:FaultDetail>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <soapenv:Fault>
            <faultcode>wsa:MessageAddressingHeaderRequired</faultcode>
            <faultstring>A required header representing a Message Addressing
Property is not present.</faultstring>
            <detail>
               <vhi-fault:MessageAddressingHeaderRequiredFault>
                  <wsrf-bf:Timestamp>2007-07-10T12:09:07</wsrf-bf:Timestamp>
                  <wsrf-bf:Originator>
                     <wsa:Address>
http://server1:8889/vhi-ws/model/CICSAcctsDemo</wsa:Address>
                  </wsrf-bf:Originator>
                  <wsrf-bf:Description>A required header representing a
Message Addressing Property is not present.</wsrf-bf:Description>
               </vhi-fault:MessageAddressingHeaderRequiredFault>
            </detail>
         </soapenv:Fault>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>