ode-user mailing list archives

From Dan <leutnant....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate working in Ode 1.0 / ServiceMix 3.1?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:30:36 GMT
I remember improving performance when I configured hibernate under a
snapshot 2.0 build.  I just reran PingPong with and without hibernate, and
there isn't much difference between snapshot 2.0 w/ Hibernate and release
1.0 w/ openJPA.

That being said, with the Ode 1.0 default config I get a ton of these on the
servicemix console each time I run the PingPong test:

INFO  - Query                          - This query on type "class
org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.ScopeDAOImpl" must load the entire candidate class
extent and evaluate the query in-memory.  This may be very slow.  The query
must be executed in memory because OpenJPA is configured with
IgnoreCache=false and FlushBeforeQueries=false and there are dirty instances
that may affect the query's outcome in the cache.

I've tried deleting the contents of $SERVICEMIX_HOME/data/* before starting
up servicemix, but I still get those dirty instance warnings.

The kind of things I'll be deploying in the near term don't need persistence
so I can get away with the in-memory setting in the BPEL process deployment
descriptor.  I guess if I need a faster performing data store I should use a
different database.  Is mysql faster than derby?

Thanks,
Dan

On 7/2/07, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Dan,
>
> About this, I'm just wondering why you'd want to use Hibernate? We've
> spent
> a lot of time replacing Hibernate with OpenJPA (for the licensing reasons
> mentioned by Maciej) and our Hibernate modules are going to get more and
> more deprecated as time passes, so I wouldn't invest too much on it. Is
> there any problem with OpenJPA that makes it unusable for you?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthieu
>
> On 7/2/07, Dan <leutnant.dan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Maciej,
> >
> > I've created ODE-151, and yes, all components (servicemix, ode,
> hibernate)
> > were final releases.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >
> > On 7/2/07, Maciej Szefler <mbs@intalio.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dan,
> > >
> > > I can't make out what the problem is off hand. I'll try to reproduce
> > > it. Can you file a Jira issue to track this? Also just to confirm, you
> > > are using ODE 1.0 final?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Maciej

> > > something.  The
> > > exceptions.  However,

> > > something.
> exceptions.

> my
> > > head:
> > more

> entries.
> > > You'd

> > > .  Both
> > > found.
 I've

wrote:
> list
> > > about
> hibernate
> > > with
> snapshot
> > > taken

> ode-jbi.properties
> > ..
> > > .
> > > > > > > > > >

> ode-jbi.dao.factory=org.apache.ode.daohib.bpel.BpelDAOConnectionFactoryImpl

Starting
> > component:
Initializing
> > > component: