ode-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Bhasin <vbha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Issues with Load testing
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:30:13 GMT
We've been running load tests with both ODE 1.0 and latest from main trunk.

Captioned below are highlights of the results:

- Running load test with ODE 1.0 default configuration shows good results (we've run upto
40 concurrent threads from test client), but running for a long time shows a memory leak.
- Running load test with latest ODE from main trunk with default options (async) results in
issues (time out in JMeter client) even with just 1 thread from test client (running forever).
- Running load test with latest ODE from main trunk with option set to use sync runs fine
with 1 thread from test client (running forever), but results in timeout if I increase the
number of threads in client to 5.

Bottom line - we discovered that ODE code in main trunk is not stable (which is not unusual).

Can you please share your load test strategy and plans to run load tests against the latest
code? We would like to use the latest - in the hope that it is faster and fixes some of the
outstanding issues..

Thanks,

Vishal

Vishal Bhasin <vbhasin@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello Matthieu,

Thanks for your response..here are the details you requested:
- In memory
- JBI, using ODE with ServiceMix
- Using ODE 1.0, not the latest from main trunk
- how do we tell if it is sending the requests in async mode?
- do you know if there is an impact to performance by switching to sync mode?

Thanks,

Vishal

Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Vishal,

Could you give more detail about your setup? Were you running in-memory or
persistent processes? Was it wit the Axis2 integration layer or JBI? We
fixed a couple of leaks last week on JBI in-mem so if you have an older code
base it could be worth updating. I'm not aware on any problem with the Axis2
binding.

There's still one problem left on the JBI side when sending messages in
async mode. We  haven't fully diagnosed it yet so it's hard to be sure of the
origin but we're working on it. It could be worse switching to sync mode for
the sending of JBI messages in the meantime.

Cheers,
Matthieu

On 7/22/07, Vishal Bhasin  wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We ran a long running (soak) test, and experienced an out of memory error
> after about 7 hours..referring to a possible memory leak..Alex had mentioned
> this in one of his e-mails..is this been looked into?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vishal
>
> Alex Boisvert  wrote: I think it would be nice have
> a BpelEventListener that outputs
> (pretty-print) events to Log4J...  any takers?
>
> alex
>

> On 7/20/07, Dan  wrote:
> >
> > I would like to read my ode logs and see all the execution events.  If I
> > understand the user guide  correctly, the only way to read the binary
> logs
> > are with the management API, and that is only supported in Axis2.
> > For those of us in servicemix/JBI land is there a way to direct the
> events
> > to the servicemix log, or a utility to decode the ode logs offline?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >

> Regards,
>
> Vishal Bhasin

> Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally,  mobile search that gives answers, not web
> links.

Regards,

Vishal Bhasin

Shape Yahoo! in your own image.   Join our Network Research Panel today!

Regards,

Vishal Bhasin