ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Could not find a mapper for request message
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:54:27 GMT
Hi JBI Joe,

Ode understand three kinds of message formats coming from the JBI bus:

1) Normalized Messages (per the JBI spec)
2) "Wrapped" WSDL 1.1 normalized messages  (per JBI spec)
3) SOAP messages where the Body has been copied verbatim into the JBI
message content

You'll get MessageTranslationExceptions everytime you try to interoperate
with another component that doesn't follow these rules.  Many so-called
"lightweight components" offered by ServiceMix use different message
representations, so you have two choices to make this work:

1) Use a mediating JBI component in-between (e.g. XSL)
2) Write a custom Mapper (org.apache.ode.jbi.msgmap.Mapper)

I'd be happy to work with you on creating a working example.  Can you
provide the use-case?  Maybe something like a few Java components/endpoints
and the sketch of a BPEL  to orchestrate them?   I could take it from
there...

cheers,
alex