ode-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Bhasin <vbha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible memory leak in ODE
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:53:17 GMT
Hello Matthieu,

Thanks for your response..here are the details you requested:
- In memory
- JBI, using ODE with ServiceMix
- Using ODE 1.0, not the latest from main trunk
- how do we tell if it is sending the requests in async mode?
- do you know if there is an impact to performance by switching to sync mode?

Thanks,

Vishal

Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Vishal,

Could you give more detail about your setup? Were you running in-memory or
persistent processes? Was it wit the Axis2 integration layer or JBI? We
fixed a couple of leaks last week on JBI in-mem so if you have an older code
base it could be worth updating. I'm not aware on any problem with the Axis2
binding.

There's still one problem left on the JBI side when sending messages in
async mode. We haven't fully diagnosed it yet so it's hard to be sure of the
origin but we're working on it. It could be worse switching to sync mode for
the sending of JBI messages in the meantime.

Cheers,
Matthieu

On 7/22/07, Vishal Bhasin  wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We ran a long running (soak) test, and experienced an out of memory error
> after about 7 hours..referring to a possible memory leak..Alex had mentioned
> this in one of his e-mails..is this been looked into?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vishal
>
> Alex Boisvert  wrote: I think it would be nice have
> a BpelEventListener that outputs
> (pretty-print) events to Log4J...  any takers?
>
> alex
>

> On 7/20/07, Dan  wrote:
> >
> > I would like to read my ode logs and see all the execution events.  If I
> > understand the user guide correctly, the only way to read the binary
> logs
> > are with the management API, and that is only supported in Axis2.
> > For those of us in servicemix/JBI land is there a way to direct the
> events
> > to the servicemix log, or a utility to decode the ode logs offline?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >

> Regards,
>
> Vishal Bhasin

> Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally,  mobile search that gives answers, not web
> links.

Regards,

Vishal Bhasin