ode-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Bhasin <vbha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Load Testing
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:11:36 GMT
Hello All,

We are performing load tests on the orchestration we have built using ODE (1.0) and ServiceMix
(3.2-incubating).

Test Case:
Receive request from JMS Consumer, process simple business rule (using Drool) and make 3 external
Web Services calls (using HTTP Provider) that returns a response very quickly (within 50 millisecs).
The responses from the 3 Web Services is normalized in an XML using XSLT. Orchestrated XML
response size is around 50KB

Environment
4 CPU AMD Opteron 64-bit,  Advanced Server version 4 release 2 update 2, Jave 5 update 11.

Results
We are unable to go beyond 16 TPS (transactions per second), with CPU over 90%. We discovered
that most of the time is spent within ODE SU. Obviously, this number is very low, is there
anything that we can do to tune ODE?

Thanks,

Vishal

Regards,