ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Ode using an external database (MySql)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:54:28 GMT
Hi Michael,

I've just cleaned that up a bit, there were a couple of issues there. So to
build the MySQL schema you just need to go into the dao-jpa-ojpa-derby
module and run 'rake build'. This should produce a schema for MySQL in the
target directory. Alternatively I've attached the result to this e-mail if
it's easier for you.

Once MySQL is setup, you just need to configure ODE to use the datasource
you've configured in your application server. Just edit
ode-axis2.propertiesand set the 2 following properties:

ode-axis2.db.mode=EXTERNAL
ode-axis2.db.ext.dataSource=java:comp/env/jdbc/MYDS

That should be it. If you can write down the different steps you followed to
make this work with your application server, we'd be more than happy to
publish it as a small "how to" so others can reuse it :)

Thanks,
Matthieu