ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Timeout on invoke task: Ode on ServiceMix
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:42:43 GMT
Hi Michael,

We currently use sendSync() mostly because the engine doesn't know better.
We would need to introduce an annotation somewhere to chose between sync or
async, as well as configure the timeout.   (Same issue with the Axis2
integration layer)

Any thought on where we should do this?  In the WSDL protocol binding?

In the mean time, the recommendation is to break up your request-response
operations into two one-way operations and use timers in the process as the
timeout mechanism.   The main drawback here is the loss of built-in
fault-handling behavior, although it makes your process more portable
because you're making less assumptions about the transport layer.

cheers,
alex