ode-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Horwitz" <mike.horw...@gmail.com>
Subject Thread pooling in Ode
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:42:41 GMT
Hi,

I am running ODE 1.0 under ServiceMix and am rapidly running out of memory
if there is a sudden surge in messages to the Ode component invoking new
process instances. I am running a single process in memory. It appears
(although I may well be wrong) that Ode reads the message off the bus and
spawns one or more new thread(s) for each process invocation. Is there a way
to limit the number of threads spawned by Ode? i.e. let the queues in
ServiceMix absorb the message spurt.

I have tried limiting the Seda queue thread pool size, but it seems to have
no effect - Ode is just too good at getting the messages off the queue!

Thanks

Mike.