ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URL Based Dispatching
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 23:21:59 GMT
Hi Vipul,

ODE doesn't route to a specific operation using the URL, AFAIK this looks
more like a REST type of thing and doesn't really follow WS basic profile.
Routing to an operation is performed using the message content.

If your service has a document/literal binding, the message body should
contain a single element under the body and this element should be the same
one as declared for your part. If your service has an rpc / literal binding,
the body should also contain a single element but in that case it should
directly be the operation name (no namespace).

In both cases, the routing will be performed correctly, either based on the
element type or on the operation. The only restriction (as mentioned in
basic profile) is that for doc/lit, your elements should all be different
from one operation to another.

Check the DynPartner example bundled with ODE, you'll see that the responder
process has 2 receives with 2 different operations:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ode/trunk/distro-axis2/src/examples/DynPartner/

Cheers,
Matthieu