ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid response state for mex ASYNCH
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:13:07 GMT
Hi Michael,

I've been looking into this even more deeply. Without being able to
reproduce the problem, it's kind of hard to track down. The thing is that
the reply method in BpelRuntimeContextImpl only gets called when the process
needs to produce a reply to the process client, not when the process calls a
service and gets a response for it. The problem Jan reported seemed to
happen in invocationResponse2, which is really executed when the response
from a service invoked by the engine gets processed. So I would think that
your problem is in the same area of the code, which is more consistent with
the exception being thrown. The "invalid response state for mex ASYNC" can
only get thrown *before* the reply method is executed.

Would you be kind enough to try to reproduce this problem and send a full
log of the execution? Just set the ODE category in log4j to debug like this:

log4j.category.org.apache.ode=DEBUG

With this I should be able to see messages that comes in and out, which SQL
statements get executed (or not) and hopefully find the answer to your
problem. A full stacktrace will probably help as well. I recommend zipping
the log as it's going to be big. And then you can either send it to the list
or create a Jira issue and attach it.

Thanks for your time and patience!

Matthieu