ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build from trunk failing
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 17:49:58 GMT
Oh...beautiful.  And you're right, the eclipse projects do actually work out
of the box.

As for moving to buildr, what I ran into is:
- After installing builr using "gem install buildr" it installed buildr
version 1.1.2.  But when I ran "rake package" in the Ode trunk it said
something about a wrong version and I had to change my local Rakefile to say
"   gem "buildr", "1.1.2"   ".  Which probably isn't the right approach but
it's working for the moment.
- When tyring to build, tests failed and I had to dig for a while to find
out about "test=off"
- It wasn't clear that "rake eclipse" was available, nor that it's output
was better than the Maven approach. That could be used as a selling point.

Overall it was fairly painless and it does seem faster.  I would suggest
putting notes about some of the above items right on the "Building Ode"
page.  They might ease the transition for others.

Rich