ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ODE de-incubating timeframe
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:02:19 GMT
Hi,

Please see my answers in-line:

   Is there any time frame for de-incubating Apache ODE?

There's no definite date or anything of the like, it's more about how much
work we still have to do and how quick we can get it done (depending of
course on how many people volunteer and work actively on ODE). The main
steps are the following:

1. Finish the migration to OpenJPA.
2. Build and publish an official incubator release.
3. Attract more committers.

   Is it usable nowadays?, Is it ready for production (having pxe production
> period in mind)?

I think it's ready for both. The main problem however is the instability of
the trunk as we're still developing.

   Is there any frontend for the configuration (and invocation) of Apache
> ODE management services?

Not for the moment.

Cheers,
Matthieu