ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggested revision to get up and running?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:31:42 GMT
Hi Rich,

For now our JPA persistence is still not really ready for usage. We have to
keep at as default in the trunk to facilitate our transition to it in terms
of development but it's not ideal for usage. Hopefully at some point we'll
have a release and all those conflicts of interest between development and
usage won't be such a problem as now.

So you should configure ODE to start with Hibernate as the persistence
layer. To do so you need to set the system property 'ode.persistence' to
'hibernate'. For Tomcat you can just set the JAVA_OPTS environment variable:

export JAVA_OPTS="-Dode.persistence=hibernate"

This should work much better. I'll update the building guide as well for
now.

Thanks,
Matthieu