ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggested revision to get up and running?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:21:53 GMT
Excellent, thanks for the info, I seem to be up and running now.

For others having problems getting started, here is what I did to get the
samples running in today's (2/1/07) code in Tomcat/Axis:
- Followed the instructions on the "Getting Ode" page to build the war file
into trunk/axis2-war/target
- Added the following to the beginning of my catalina.bat in tomcat\bin -
set JAVA_OPTS=-Dode.persistence=hibernate
- Renamed the ode-XYZ war file to ode.war and deployed it into Tomcat
5.5.20with JDK
1.5
- At this point I was able to run the HelloWorld2 sample using the sendsoap
tool as described on the Ode site by piecing together a fake distribution.
I couldn't find the "attached archive" that is supposed to be attached to
the "Getting Ode" page.  So I made my own with the bin from trunk\tools-bin
and the jars from the deployed web app.

It's worth noting that I started the above steps by wiping out my local
source and re-downloading it, this fixed one of the problems I was having.

I also enabled REST which made viewing the WSDLs / processes easier.  To do
this I went into WEB-INF\conf\axis2.xml and set the
enableRESTInAxis2MainServlet property to true for easier access via the
browser.  This makes it so you can point your browser to
http://localhost:8080/ode/services/listServices and
http://localhost:8080/ode/services/helloWorld?wsdl for example, note this
changes the URL to "services", not "processes" with this change.

Let me know if you don't have time to update the Ode site, I'd be happy to
do it as well (after figuring out how to).

Thanks again, Rich