ode-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Puro" <jp...@sterlingtesting.com>
Subject Examples of exception handling in BPEL
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:56:28 GMT
Are there any very extensive examples of catching exceptions in BPEL
with apache ODE?  I have a web service that my BPEL script is calling,
and the web service returns a fault that looks like either of the
following.  I'd like to have a "catch" construct that catches both of
the below faults, but I'm not sure how to write this.  Can anyone
indicate how to write the schema and BPEL for catching the faults below?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

            <soap:Body>

                        <soap:Fault>

                                    <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>

                                    <faultstring>Operator is not defined
for type 'DBNull' and type 'Integer'.</faultstring>

<faultactor>http://d111web16/IAETRACKER/iaetrackerws.asmx</faultactor>

                                    <detail/>

                        </soap:Fault>

            </soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

            <soap:Body>

                        <soap:Fault>

                                    <faultcode>Application</faultcode>

                                    <faultstring>Tracker
Error</faultstring>

<faultactor>http://d111web16/IAETRACKER/iaetrackerws.asmx</faultactor>

                                    <detail>

                                                <stws:ErrorCode
xmlns:stws="http://ws.test.com/schemas/tracker">10000</stws:ErrorCode>

                                                <stws:ErrorDescription
xmlns:stws="http://ws.test.com/schemas/tracker">Deserialization has
failed.</stws:ErrorDescription>

                                    </detail>

                        </soap:Fault>

            </soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

Regards,

Jeff

This email (and any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, or have unauthorized access, you are hereby notified that copying,
disseminating, distributing or taking any action in reliance on this email is strictly prohibited<br
/>

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of our firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.