ode-user mailing list archives

From Anne Noseda <noseda.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to improve performance
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:33:26 GMT

First of all, thanks for the reply ! But I have yet a lot of questions :o)

Here are a few tips to improve performance:

1) Use non-persistent processes
-->I have tried with the <in memory> tag but I have problems : see post
http://www.nabble.com/JBI---In-memory-process-%3A-NPE-tf3220575.html

2) Disable or reduce the number of (persistent) events generated
--> You mean that it is possible on each activity to indicate that it must
be persistent or not ?
If yes, how do you configure that ?

3) Beef up your database tier
--> I have seen that ODE launch a derby database at startup in Servicemix.
Is it correct ? Is derby a performant database ? If not, wich database do
you recommend ? And how do you configure the database to use in ODE ?

I've seen the Minerva exceptions before. My suggestion there would be to use
a different transaction/resource manager. I think we should consider
migrating to Jencks (relying on Geronimo's transaction manager) in order to
bring about better stability at this level.
--> I think that Servicemix uses already jencks : does Ode share ressources
with Servicemix ? How do I change the transaction manager ?

Anne.