ode-user mailing list archives

From Anne Noseda <noseda.a...@gmail.com>
Subject BPEL - How work <if> activity ?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 07:57:27 GMT

Hi,

I would like to test the if activity but I have strange results.
If I write a BPEL process as follow (I run it into Servicemix) :

<variable name="errorMsg" type="xsd:string"/>

<assign name="test">
 <copy>
  <from>
   <literal>Toto</literal>
  </from>
  <to>$errorMsg</to>
 </copy>
</assign>

<if name="coherencePrecision">
   <condition>fn:true()</condition>
    <sequence>
     <assign name="assignPrecision">
      <copy>
       <from>
        <literal>Titi</literal>
       </from>
       <to>$errorMsg</to>
      </copy>
     </assign>
    </sequence>
   <else>
    <assign>
     <copy>
      <from>
       <literal>Tata</literal>
      </from>
      <to>$errorMsg</to>
     </copy>
    </assign>
   </else>
  </if>

I get as result "Tata" !
So the condition fn:true() does not work !
My first question : must I prefix the xpath functions  with
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions" ?

I also test these conditions with also strange results :
<condition>true()</condition> result : Tata
<condition>true</condition> result : Toto
<condition>fn:false()</condition> result : Toto
<condition>1 = 1</condition> result : Tata

So when I write <condition>true</condition> I get result : Toto : the BPEL
process does not execute the if activity and does not execute the else
activity !!!
How is it possible ???

Thanks in advance,

Anne.