ode-user mailing list archives

From "Vo, Khanh" <...@systechnologies.com>
Subject RE: How to create a new BPEL pocess?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 05:13:08 GMT
Thanks for the response Alex.  I really appreciate the help.

4) My intent is to have the bpel process to do an invoke on the Version service and return
the message from the Version web service.  I originally created the process in Oracle's Bpel
editor and used Oracle to validate the bpel process.  I'm not sure what you mean by another
partnerlink to represent the interactoin bwtweeen the client of the process.  I usally think
of partnerlinks with web services being invoked.  Is my current partnerlink correct (deployable/executable)?

Its been a while since I've looked at actual bpel files.  I've used Active Endpoint and Active
Bpel in the past and the gui did most of the work for me :)  I guess I was a little spoiled.

Thanks for the link, I'll defeinitly look at it.
Khanh

________________________________

From: Alex Boisvert [mailto:boisvert@intalio.com]
Sent: Sat 11/4/2006 7:07 AM
To: Vo, Khanh
Cc: ode-dev@incubator.apache.org; ode-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to create a new BPEL pocess?

Vo, Khanh wrote:

>> I've done that and am still getting errors deploying my BPEL process.  I
>> hope I did it correctly. Do you think I can send you my files?  It is a
>> very small test.

Hi Khanh,

There are several little issues with your process.

1) the process should start with a <receive> activity to match the
<reply> activity at the end

2) the namespace in the following import of BPELProcess1.bpel:

  <import location="Version.wsdl" namespace="http://ode/bpel/unit-test.wsdl"
          importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"/>

   does not match the namespace specified in Version.wsdl
("http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Version")

3) in deploy.xml, the service namespace prefix "wns" should be bound to
"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Version" as well

4) i'm not sure exactly what is your intent, but it seems you need
another partnerlink to represent the interaction between the client of
the process (versus the interaction between the process and the version
service).

If you're looking for additional material to learn BPEL, you might want
to refer to  [1], part 2 of the series specifically reviews partnerLinks
and partnerLinkTypes.

regards,
alex

[1]