mesos-reviews mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benjamin Mahler <bmah...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Request 65063: Replace `stringify()` with `jsonify()` in http serialization.
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:09:52 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/65063/#review195283
-----------------------------------------------------------


Ship it!




In terms of the description, this change avoids building an in-memory JSON::Object in favor
of using jsonify to directly output the serialized JSON from the protobuf. It would also be
good to note that this change is done to improve performance.

Can you update the summary/description?

- Benjamin Mahler


On Jan. 10, 2018, 7:06 a.m., Meng Zhu wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/65063/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Jan. 10, 2018, 7:06 a.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for mesos, Benjamin Mahler and Michael Park.
> 
> 
> Repository: mesos
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Replace `stringify()` with `jsonify()` in http serialization.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   src/common/http.cpp 3ada1f064b4bd001cd4d7dccc186641f475011a0 
> 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/65063/diff/1/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Running on MacBook Pro with 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7, built with `--enable-optimize`:
> 
> With `stringify()`:
> 
> Test setup: 2000 agents with a total of 100000 running tasks and 100000 completed tasks.
> Getstate application/json query response took 2.71121739318333mins
> 
> Test setup: 2000 agents with a total of 200000 running tasks and 0 completed tasks.
> Getstate application/json query response took 5.31970605753333mins
> 
> Test setup: 20000 agents with a total of 100000 running tasks and 0 completed tasks.
> Getstate application/json query response took 3.18027318681667mins
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> With `jsonify()`:
> 
> Test setup: 2000 agents with a total of 100000 running tasks and 100000 completed tasks.
> Getstate application/json query response took 2.10034958736667mins
> 
> Test setup: 2000 agents with a total of 200000 running tasks and 0 completed tasks.
> Getstate application/json query response took 3.38100704925mins
> 
> Test setup: 20000 agents with a total of 100000 running tasks and 0 completed tasks.
> Getstate application/json query response took 2.2140585963mins
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Meng Zhu
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message