mesos-reviews mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Qian Zhang <zhq527...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 62017: Allows port mapper plugin to have optional args.
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2017 02:08:15 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/62017/#review184405
-----------------------------------------------------------



@Deepak, in the description, I see you mentioned:
> However, in certain cases the network creator doesn't need port mapping functionality
and just want to access bridge plugin.

I am a bit confused about the real use case, if the network creator doesn't need port mapping
functionality, why not just using bridge plugin directly? Using port-mapper plugin but cutting
its port mapping functionality just for using bridge plugin seems not an efficient way. I
am not sure why the port-mapper plugin is needed in this case.

> In this case, the creator may not supply `args` in cni config which will makes mesos
port mapper plugin to fail. This patch makes `args` in cni config optional for mesos port
mapper plugin

What do you mean for `the creator`? If it is Mesos agent, then I think its `network/cni` isolator
will always supply `args` to port mapper plugin.

- Qian Zhang


On Sept. 1, 2017, 12:16 a.m., Deepak Goel wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/62017/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Sept. 1, 2017, 12:16 a.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for mesos and Avinash sridharan.
> 
> 
> Bugs: mesos-7923
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/mesos-7923
> 
> 
> Repository: mesos
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Mesos port mapper cni plugin is a wrapper around bridge plugin
> to add port mapping functionality to bridge plugin. However, in
> certain cases the network creator doesn't need port mapping
> functionality and just want to access bridge plugin. In this case,
> the creator may not supply `args` in cni config which will makes
> mesos port mapper plugin to fail. This patch makes `args` in cni
> config optional for mesos port mapper plugin
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   src/slave/containerizer/mesos/isolators/network/cni/plugins/port_mapper/port_mapper.cpp
43cf3e44a55c56dc8195c9cd05f6edd8bf13d448 
> 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/62017/diff/1/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Deepak Goel
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message