mesos-reviews mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From haosdent huang <haosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 51560: Deprecated using health checks without setting the type.
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 04:29:09 GMT


> On Aug. 31, 2016, 7:07 p.m., Silas Snider wrote:
> > src/health-check/health_checker.cpp, line 183
> > <https://reviews.apache.org/r/51560/diff/2/?file=1489281#file1489281line183>
> >
> >     This is incorrect. In 1.0.0, you could specify *either* HTTP *or* Command healthcheck
without specifying the type field, but this change will make the absence of type only support
command health checks.
> 
> haosdent huang wrote:
>     Actually we didn't support HTTP/TCP before 1.0.0. So I think should be OK?
> 
> Silas Snider wrote:
>     Indeed, but it was in the proto for use by schedulers/executors.
> 
> haosdent huang wrote:
>     Sorry, I still could not get the idea here. 
>     
>     If there are not used -> Should be OK although schedulers/executors use old protocols
without using HTTP/TCP health check. -> It should be safe to set the type to COMMAND if
it is empty, right?
> 
> Silas Snider wrote:
>     The point is: just because Mesos itself didn't use them doesn't mean that they weren't
being set/read by custom executors and frameworks. It's still part of the API that you support
either command or http healthchecks *in the api* without type being set.
> 
> Silas Snider wrote:
>     Also, it *was* supported by 1.0.0, so it **must** be supported until 2.0.

>The point is: just because Mesos itself didn't use them doesn't mean that they weren't
being set/read by custom executors and frameworks. It's still part of the API that you support
either command or http healthchecks in the api without type being set.

Thank you very much, got it.

>Also, it was supported by 1.0.0, so it must be supported until 2.0.

I think we need to discuss about it more.


- haosdent


-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/51560/#review147468
-----------------------------------------------------------


On Aug. 31, 2016, 6:29 p.m., haosdent huang wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/51560/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Aug. 31, 2016, 6:29 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for mesos, Alexander Rukletsov and Joseph Wu.
> 
> 
> Bugs: MESOS-6110
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-6110
> 
> 
> Repository: mesos
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Deprecated using health checks without setting the type.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   CHANGELOG eadf546f96e4f8f83107de3e1421197875a46e2b 
>   docs/upgrades.md dc43cad4d9e0bec0f4017ac53d740687c060b332 
>   src/health-check/health_checker.cpp f373df19fc8af8e9650be61e3b101e89362a67cd 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/51560/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Could verfied from https://github.com/haosdent/mesos/blob/85abb6da058bf8daf4e794df7da8eb5f240b671c/docs/upgrades.md
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> haosdent huang
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message