mesos-reviews mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adam B" <a...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Review Request 34655: Use relative url in /help generated links point
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 07:32:02 GMT


> On May 28, 2015, 10:40 a.m., Adam B wrote:
> > 3rdparty/libprocess/src/help.cpp, line 140
> > <https://reviews.apache.org/r/34655/diff/1/?file=971486#file971486line140>
> >
> >     Why does this '/help/' need to be removed?
> 
> Marco Massenzio wrote:
>     because it's wrong - it shouldn't be there.
> 
> Adam B wrote:
>     I disagree. We need the `help/` so that we link to the help page nested under this
one, but we don't want it to be an absolute `/help/` in the event of a reverse proxy. The
solution may be as easy as removing the leading `/` from `/help/` on this line.
> 
> haosdent huang wrote:
>     @adam-mesos, I test it in my laptop before I submit this patch. The reason remove
`/help/` here is because here is a second level link. For example, assume that we are under
`/help/logging` this level. And `/help/logging` have a child which absolution url is `/help/logging/toggle`.
If we replace `/help/` to `help/`, when we click `logging/toggle` on http://localhost/mesos/help/logging,
it would skip to http://localhost/mesos/help/help/logging/toggle. http://localhost/mesos/help/help/logging/toggle
is not exists. Only when remove `/help/`, the relative url could skip to the correct usl http://localhost/mesos/help/logging/toggle.

I think I understand now. Since we're at the '/help/id' level, removing the leading slash
on the previously absolute '/help/'+path url to make it relative would then direct us to '/help/help/id/name',
so we can remove the 'help/' altogether in these reference links. Thank you for taking the
time to explain the change.

For posterity's sake, can you explain what manual testing you have done in the "Testing Done"
section of the Review Request?


- Adam


-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/34655/#review85571
-----------------------------------------------------------


On May 28, 2015, 12:54 a.m., haosdent huang wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/34655/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated May 28, 2015, 12:54 a.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for mesos, Adam B, Marco Massenzio, and Michael Lunøe.
> 
> 
> Bugs: MESOS-2748
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2748
> 
> 
> Repository: mesos
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Use relative url in /help generated links point
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   3rdparty/libprocess/src/help.cpp 85e1bdec8d7e8f46477d0f3d88847baeca2dcc9c 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/34655/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> haosdent huang
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message