madlib-user mailing list archives

From Domino Valdano <dvald...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: C Headers
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2019 18:10:24 GMT
Panagiotis,

MADlib is an extension of postgres, written specifically to run on top of
postgres (or greenplum).  Because it makes many calls to the shared
postgres library itself, relying on that to be there, the method you are
proposing would not work for another database unless you made significant
modifications to madlib itself.

The module-specific headers for madlib are in the src/modules directory,
here is a list of the top-level ones:

https://github.com/apache/madlib/blob/master/src/modules/declarations.hpp

But it sounds like what you're looking for are the postgres/greenplum
headers that madlib includes.  In order to compile madlib, you need to have
the headers for one of those two databases installed on your system.  Those
are also both also open source, you can find all of them on github as
well.  But if you are replacing them with a different database then you'd
need to use headers from that new database... and modify each of MADlib's
current UDF's to call them somehow.

Best,

Domino