madlib-user mailing list archives

From LUYAO CHEN <luyao_c...@hotmail.com>
Subject Out of memory for neural network
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:41:38 GMT
Dear user community,

I would report a problem regarding in neural network. I am using a 16G RAM machine.

After some iterations (~100 ). I got the below error

ERROR:  spiexceptions.OutOfMemory: out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 32800.
CONTEXT:  Traceback (most recent call last):
  PL/Python function "mlp_classification", line 36, in <module>
    grouping_col
  PL/Python function "mlp_classification", line 45, in wrapper
  PL/Python function "mlp_classification", line 325, in mlp
  PL/Python function "mlp_classification", line 580, in update
PL/Python function "mlp_classification"

Below is the command ,

SELECT madlib.mlp_classification(
    'train_data_sub',      -- Source table
    'mlp_model',      -- Destination table
    'features',     -- Input features
    'positive',     -- Label
    ARRAY[5],         -- Number of units per layer
    'learning_rate_init=0.003,
    n_iterations=500,
    tolerance=0',     -- Optimizer params
    'tanh',           -- Activation function
    NULL,             -- Default weight (1)
    FALSE,            -- No warm start
    true,             -- verbose
    'case_icd'         -- Grouping
);

Is that a problem or just caused by the data size?

Regards,
Luyao Chen