madlib-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Thomas <ahtho...@eng.ucsd.edu>
Subject kmeanspp error on GPDB
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 23:07:22 GMT
Hi MADLib Users,

I'm running MADLib on Greenplum 5.1.0 under Ubuntu 16.04. If I try to run
the example for KMeanspp given here
<http://madlib.apache.org/docs/latest/group__grp__kmeans.html>, I get the
following error message:

NOTICE:  Releasing segworker groups to finish aborting the transaction.
ERROR:  could not connect to segment: initialization of segworker group
failed (cdbgang.c:236)
CONTEXT:  PL/Python function "internal_compute_kmeanspp_seeding"
SQL statement "SELECT  ( SELECT madlib.internal_compute_kmeanspp_seeding(
'_madlib_kmeanspp_args', '_madlib_kmeanspp_state', textin(regclassout( $1
)),  $2 ) )"
PL/pgSQL function "kmeanspp_seeding" line 79 at assignment
SQL statement "SELECT  madlib.kmeans(  $1 ,  $2 , madlib.kmeanspp_seeding(
$1 ,  $2 ,  $3 ,  $4 , NULL,  $5 ),  $4 ,  $6 ,  $7 ,  $8 )"
PL/pgSQL function "kmeanspp" line 4 at assignment

I've tried running a few other built-in ML algorithms and they all seem to
work fine. The error message seems to suggest its a problem with Greenplum,
but some preliminary Googling has not yielded useful results. Has anyone
seen this error before or have any ideas about how to diagnose it?

Thanks,

Anthony