madlib-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Thomas <ahtho...@eng.ucsd.edu>
Subject Re: kmeanspp error on GPDB
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 20:38:52 GMT
Hi Nikhil and Luis,

Thanks for the follow up. Nikhil: to your questions about my environment:

   1. yes - I downloaded the source tarball for 1.12 from
   http://apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?filename=madlib/1.12/apache-madlib-1.12-src.tar.gz&action=download
   2. I compiled using GCC 5.4.0 so perhaps that's the source of the issue.
   I'll try recompiling with GCC < 5 and see if that fixes the problem.
   3. When running madlib install-check I see the same error in the
   elastic_net test.
   4. Thanks for the tip about CentOS - I'm using GPDB alongside several
   other tools that recommend/need Ubuntu and so if at all possible I'd like
   to try and get it to work on Ubuntu.

Thanks for the tips - hopefully this is just the result of compiling using
GCC 5+. It seems a little strange though that the primitive matrix/array
ops seem to work fine as do some of the other built-in algorithms, but
KMeans and Elastic Net seem to have trouble.

Anthony